FINALLY WATCHED THE FINALE
It was stunning. Really- the animation, the characters, the story. Beautiful stuff. I adore brotherly love, so Tarrlok and Amon’s scenes almost made me cry. I wanted to cry but I was oscillating so much between awe and despair that my tear ducts gave up. Favorite parts:
- Tenzin and the air babies on stage. I nearly lost my mind when I saw them up there.
- Mako shocking Amon. Lightning bending is so cool.
- General Iroh kicking airplane ass. Him having a major part was pleasantly surprising.
- Everything Tarrlok. YES. JUST YES. I KNEW he had something with Amon but I never thought I’d get to see their childhood. Dreams do come true.
- The Lieutenant rebelling. He can’t even do that right, but it really added depth to his character. He’s so loyal to the cause.
- Korra meeting Aang. Gave me the warm fuzzies.
- Tarrlok on the boat with Amon and subsequent events. You know what I’m talking about. That cut my heart out. Their characters were so well done and interesting I couldn’t stand to watch what happened but at the same time I LOVED it.
I want to draw something but my mind is still reeling from the perfection I just witnessed.